Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm a what?

OK Never had the urge to blog before but here I go on my maiden voyage into the abyss of the blogisphere.

How about I say a few things about myself first. I am a recently honorably discharged United States Marine. I spent the better part of 2003, 2004, and 2005 fighting for my country in Iraq. I am a loosely bound Christian, an advocate for American's right to own firearms and am thoroughly against illegal immigration. On the subject of abortion I am a flip flop, I personally think it is wrong but I also ultimately believe that I have no right to tell anyone else what to do.

With that foundation lain, I found out today that people with those types of beliefs have been profiled by the Department of Homeland Security as being possible terrorist threats to America. What?! I didn't think that the word terrorist was even politically acceptable for use when talking about foreign factions that attack American's and their allies throughout the world, how did I get this label? I work every day, I pay my taxes, I certainly don't blow up buildings or kidnap people and chop off their heads.

Don't tread on me friends, I have done nothing to deserve this unjust profiling. I think the Constitution still exists and I still have the right to believe what I want without prejudice or persecution from anyone. I do not trample on anyone's rights so let us not trample on mine.

I urge you all to no allow your autonomy be taken from you or allow yourself to be labeled or profiled. Stay faithful to your beliefs don't let anyone take them away.

Depending on the response there could be more to follow.

Semper Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment